Monday, January 20, 2014

Fallout: Australis






Been doing these pretty quick in Sketchbook Pro as warmups for other work.
As I've stated before (repeatedly, at length...) I love the Fallout franchise of games, all of 'em.  Well, not Brotherhood of Steel, but 1, 2, Tactics, 3, and New Vegas.  The design work is stellar across the board, and incorporates so much cheezy retro goodness!
So my game crew is always looking for short, diversionary games to play, and last year I hit upon the idea of a Fallout rpg.  The question was how to make it new & interesting, since we've all played through the games already.  Solution: have the PCs shanghai'd and drop them somewhere that they know nothing about.  This turned into the Fallout: Australis project, and I've bashed together a simple system built on the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats & skills.
For my money, key to the Fallout style are the visuals...to that end, I'm illustrating a bunch of game items, to be printed onto cards (with stats) because I IZ NERD.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment