Saturday, March 21, 2015

PKD blaster - finished(kinda)



This is my scratch-built Blade Runner pistol that I started...maybe 7 years ago?  Tons of corrections/additional detailing I had planned to do, but instead it's just been sitting on a shelf for the last 3 years.  Finally decided to just paint the damn thing & call it done.


This is built out of wood, apoxysculpt, various pvc pipe, many varieties of styrene sheet, some brass plumbing bits, and a selection of hex screws.  Built with a dremel and a whole bunch of hand tools.  That's part of why I pushed to just get it done...my build skills and tools are vastly improved from when I started this, and all I really see are all the ways I can do better.


  I've never been too concerned with matching a prop exactly; i'd much rather have the right feel than the precise measurements.  So this is a bit bigger than the actual PKD...i wanted something that felt good in the hand, and i've got big mitts.
As rough as this is, it's still a holy grail piece for me.  I've wanted a PKD since I was 10 and first saw the movie.  Even ordered a resin replica 12(?) years ago which never arrived.  So now I have one.

Back to drawing werewolves!


No comments:

Post a Comment